ANALAYSIS OF THE STRESS IN THE ACCOUNTING PROFESSION
Keywords:stress at work, sources, effects, techniques, accountants.
For modern accountant stress is almost part of everyday life. Since the stress in the workplace has become a major problem in the labor community and that the risk of cardiovascular disease in people exposed to a greater variety of stressors, it is important to point out the possibility of his identification, resolution and prevention. Therefore, control of stress is the key to a successful career as a professional accountant. This paper explains the concept and components of stress and explain the sources of stress at work. Also, this paper describes effects of stress at work as well as various techniques for overcoming stress at work. The last part of the paper presents the analysis of stress sources in the accounting profession through research in the form of employee interview survey in two accounting agencies (″Klaris″ i ″ Korekta″) with headquarters in Novi Sad.
2. Bešlić, I., i Bešlić, D., Stres na radu, Škola biznisa, 2008., 2: pp. 168–173.
3. Bhui, K., Dinos, S., Galant-Miecznikowska, M., de Jongh, B., i Stansfeld, S., Perceptions of Work Stress Causes and Effective Interventions in Employees Working in Public, Private and Non-Governmental Organisations: A Qualitative Study, Bulletin, 2016, 40(6), 318–325.
4. Glazer, S., i Liu, C., Work, Stress, Coping, and Stress Managemen, Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Psychology, 2017., doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1093/acrefore/9780190236557.013.30, Retrieved May 5, 2019 from: https://oxfordindex.oup.com/view/10.1093/acrefore/9780190236557.013.30.
5. Haque, A. U., Aston, J., i Kozlovski, E., Do causes and consequences of stress affect genders differently at operational level? Comparison of the IT sectors in the UK and Pakistan, International Journal of Applied Business, 2016., 1(1): pp. 1–7.
6. Haque, A. U., Faizan, R., Zehra, N., Baloch, A., Nadda, V., i Riaz, F., Leading Leadership Style to Motivate Cultural-Oriented Female Employees in the Developing Country: I.T Responses from Pakistan, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 2015., 5(9): pp. 280–302.
7. Juras, K., Knežević, B., Golubić, R., Milošević, M., i Mujstabegović, J., Stres na radu: mere prepoznavanja, rešenja i prevencija, Sigurnost, 2009., 51(2): pp. 121–126.
8. Kumasey A. S., Delle, E., i Ofei, S. B., Occupational Stress and Organizational Commitment: Does Sex and Managerial Status Matter?, International Journal of Business and Social Research, 2014., 4(5), 173–182.
9. Michie S., Causes and Management of Stress at Work, Education, 2002., 59: pp. 67–72.
10. Muckett, J., A., Third of Accountants are Stressed, Economia, 2017., Retrieved May 23, 2019 from: https://economia.icaew.com/news/october-2017/a-third-of-accountants-are-stressed.
11. Saleem, A., Jamil, F., i Khalid, R., Workplace Stress and Coping Strategies of Security Guards working in Universities. Pakistan Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 2017., 15(2): pp. 29–36.
12. Smith, K. J., Occupational Stress in Accountancy: A Review, Journal of Business and Psychology, 1990., 4(4): pp. 511–524.
13. Štager, V., Organizational and Personality Factors of Stress in Accounting and Consequences of Stress on Health, Innovative Issues and Approaches in Social Sciences, 2017., 10(3): pp. 37–56, doi: 10.12959/issn.1855-0541.IIASS-2017-no3-art3.
14. Šušnjar-Štangl, G., i Zimanji, V., Organizaciono ponašanje, Subotica: Ekonomski fakultet, 2005.
15. Vidović-Vizek, V., Stres u radu, Zagreb: radna zajednica republičke konferencije SSOH, 1990.
16. Wagner, A. J., i Hollenbeck, R. J., Organizational Behavior, Harcourt College Publishers, 2002.
17. Zimanji, V., Psihologija organizacije, Subotica: Ekonomski fakultet, 1998.